The Saint playlist

0

The Saint plates up this week’s serving of audio nourishment.

The Pictish Trail – The Handstand Crowd

From his hotly anticipated Secret Soundz Vol. 2, This harmonious little number encapsulates an album which is both vibrant and heart-wrenching from the Fence Records maestro.

Andrew Pearson & The Riflebirds – Ribbons

From the new album There’ll Be Flowers Comes Spring, this astonishing piece of song writing from a fellow St. Andrean is testament that we have more than the Friday night Bop to be wrapping our ears around.

Check out Andrew Pearson & The Riflebirds as well as other local talent on Common Records.

http://commonrecords.tumblr.com/

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Jubilee Street

From the upcoming release Push The Sky Away, ‘Jubilee Street’ is an even more maudlin affair than last year’s Thames boat pageant. With Ray Winstone playing a cameo in the video, you better put your money in on it being a classic.

Toro y Moi – Say That

Chaz Bundick is probably the coolest guy, ever. From his new album, Anything in Return, this toasty slice of chillwave is sure to warm that early second semester void sitting in the dark hollow pit of your soul.

The Knife – Full of Fire

Having been announced to play Bestival this year along with Elton John and Snoop Dogg, the Swedish electro veterans emerge with this skin crawling, 9 minute long mini-masterpiece.

Atoms for Peace – Judge, Jury and Executioner

At the ends of this month, we will finally be graced with the release of AMOK  from Thom Yorke off of Radiohead and Flea off of the Chili Peppers. In the meantime you’ll hae to make do with this.

Marnie Stern – East Side Glory

The proto-post-punk diva, Marnie Stern, is throwing down some big shapes in the alt-rock scene just now and after you’ve heard this, her latest track from the new album The Chronicles of Marnia you’ll understand why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGmCbvhcoPo

Elephant – Skyscraper

Thank you and goodnight.