St Andrews Business Club announce schedule for 2018-19

Dundee-based entrepreneur Chris van der Kuyl and Bank of England agent for Scotland William Dowson are amongst the headline speakers for the St Andrews Business Club’s forthcoming season.

0
Photo: St Andrews Business Club

The St Andrews Business Club has been in existence since 1950 and is formed of a collection of business people from North-East Fife. Former event speakers for the club include Chancellor of the University of St Andrews Sir Menzies Campbell, Andy Irvine, Tom Farmer and Lord Mulholland.

After achieving record membership and event attendance figures last year, the Club has organised a full schedule of events throughout the year for both members and guests.

Photo: St Andrews Business Club

Mr van der Kuyl will be the keynote speaker for the Club’s event during the student-run University of St Andrews Enterprise Week event on Monday 8 October, whilst Mr Dowson will be speaking about the Bank of England’s views on the current economic climate, interest rates and the business environment on Wednesday 21 November.

Other speakers during the year will include young entrepreneurs Lizzie Brough from the social media start-up Kindaba and Sam Trett from LoCaBev, as well as Professor Brad MacKay from the School of Management, who will be speaking in January 2019 about Brexit and the Tay Cities Deal.

There will also be two learning events during the season, run by professionals and open to non-members. The first, on Wednesday 7 November, focuses on effective negotiation skills and the second on Wednesday 13 February is about business growth from research-based innovation. Both events were chosen by last year’s club members.

A full list of the season’s dates, events, topics and speakers, as well as a guide on how to join the club, is available on the club’s website: www.standrewsbusinessclub.co.uk.