Balgove Larder’s popular summer night markets are back.

The events remain free to attend and the next market takes place on Tuesday 14 August from 5pm-9pm. The market is host to many local Scottish food and craft vendors, as well as live musicians and drink providers. Guests are able to choose from an array of snacks from the street food vendors or food from Balgove’s grill menu.

This summer’s Night Markets will welcome a wide variety of traders including The Gin Bothy, Verdant Gin and Scotland’s first potato vodka producer, Ogilvy Vodka. Others include Appely Ever After (hand-pressed apple juice), Sacred Ground Coffee (artisan coffee roaster producing greek coffee in Arbroath), Artisana with its range of different brownies, Barnett’s Bakery from Anstruther and the Shortbread House of Edinburgh.

Photo: Clement Boucherit 

Also featured are selections such as hand-made fruit and herb vinegars from the Little Herb Farm, the Strathearn Cheese Company from Crieff, Langoustine The Box with an array of local shellfish as well as spice kits from Sri Spice. There is something for everyone at the night markets; even for our beloved four-legged companions, with dog friendly treats provided by Bug Bakes.

A selection of craft vendors will also be represented at the Night Markets, including the East Neuk Candle Company, textiles by Tablet + Haar, stationery by Nicki Bradwell Designs, Katherine Williamson Jewellery, and gifts from Woll Tide Gifts made from recycled materials.

Will Docker, Founder of Balgove Larder said: “This summer’s line-up of Night Markets is our strongest ever.

“I’m delighted with the quality and variety of the food and drink on offer and it’s a great opportunity for people to meet the maker face-to-face. And of course, it’s great fun too with a fantastic atmosphere and live music.”

If you are unable to attend the night market on Tuesday 14 August, there’s no need to panic. The Balgove will be hosting its next market on Tuesday 18 September from 5pm-9pm, just in time to catch-up with friends after Fresher’s week.