University of St Andrews student Eliza Allison, also known as Moona, has been reported missing by Fife Police.

She was last seen in Melbourne Place around 2pm on Thursday 21 June and has not been in contact with family or friends since.

Ms Allison, a 23-year-old American, is studying Astronomy at the University of St Andrews and is in her final year.

She is described by police as white, five feet five inches tall, of slim build and with long, fair hair. She was last seen wearing a yellow baseball cap, denim jacket, brown vest with diamond stitching, black jogging bottoms and hiking boots with purple laces.

Fife Police ask anyone with information that can assist them in their search to call 101, quoting incident number 3531 on 21 June.

Ms Allison often visits Dundee and the St Andrews area, and she enjoys walking on the Fife Coastal Path.

Inspector Jane Combe of the St Andrews police station said, “Eliza has not been in contact with family or friends for 24 hours now and we are growing concerned for her welfare.

“Anyone with information that can assist us to trace her is asked to get in contact. Similarly if Eliza herself sees this appeal, we’d ask her to contact us please or her family to let us know she’s okay.”

A spokesperson for the University of St Andrews said, “We’re concerned for Eliza’s wellbeing and are working very closely with Police Scotland. We’d urge anyone with information about Eliza, or anyone who thinks they may have seen her in the last 24 hours to contact the Police as soon as possible.”