Missing student Eliza Allison found safe and well

The statement from Fife Police Division reads, "We can confirm that missing woman, Eliza Allison, was traced safe and well at around 5pm today (Saturday 23rd June) in the Anstruther area. The 23-year-old was last seen in Melbourne Place in St Andrews at around 2pm on Thursday 21st June."

0
Photo: Fife Police Division

Police Scotland have confirmed that missing student Eliza Allison of the University of St Andrews has been found.

The statement from Fife Police Division reads, “We can confirm that missing woman, Eliza Allison, was traced safe and well at around 5pm today (Saturday 23rd June) in the Anstruther area. The 23-year-old was last seen in Melbourne Place in St Andrews at around 2pm on Thursday 21st June.”

“Officers would like to thank the public and media for sharing our appeals for information.”

The University also confirmed the situation on its Twitter page, saying, “Eliza has been found safe and well – thanks to everyone for your concern and sharing our appeal to find her.”

No other details about her condition or whereabouts were given, but police confirmed that she was located just before 5pm on Saturday 23 June.

Ms Allison, also known as Moona, was reported missing on Friday 22 June after no family or friends had heard from her or seen her since Thursday 21 June around 2pm.

Ms Allison is a 23-year-old American student at the University of St Andrews, currently in her final year studying Astronomy.