There is only one story in St Andrews

First year Chemistry undergraduate Duncan Sim was reported missing on Thursday 15 March, and since then there has been only one story on the minds of St Andrews students. We regret to say that as this issue goes to print, that is still the case, but we have not lost hope, and the thoughts of the entire team remain with his parents and those closest to him.

0
Duncan Sim

First year Chemistry undergraduate Duncan Sim was reported missing on Thursday 15 March, and since then there has been only one story on the minds of St Andrews students.

We regret to say that as this issue goes to print, that is still the case, but we have not lost hope, and the thoughts of the entire team remain with his parents and those closest to him.

Duncan was last seen on Wednesday 14 March just after 11pm outside the Madras Rugby Clubhouse on Old Station Road after a rugby social.

Police and volunteers have subsequently performed searches as far north as the Tentsmuir Forest and into Crail, as well as door-to-door enquiries across the town.

This is a story that none of our team expected to encounter, but we have done our utmost to cover the progress of the search as fully and respectfully as possible. Any information we have received from Fife Police or the University has been reported diligently and accurately, and we will continue to do so until he is found safe and well.

Reports of missing students are always distressing, and the disappearance of Duncan has had a profound impact on our tight-knit community.

Seeing every shop in town displaying posters appealing for information, and people from all walks of life helping with the volunteer searches has only reinforced what we already know about the deep bonds between every person in this little seaside town, bonds that make this place an incredibly special one for so many of us.

Anyone with any information about his disappearance is asked to dial 101 quoting incident number 2987 of 15 March.