The great thing about On The Rocks is the diverse range of events available to see. It is a chance for the weird and wonderful to grace the stage. Whilst it is great to see some big names on the programme, it is even better that some of the smaller St. Andrean societies are getting involved.

Strictly Come Dancing sees the St. Andrews Ballroom and Latin Dance Society under the spotlight for what promises to be a night of feel-good, fabulous fun. Much like its namesake, the event gives complete beginners the opportunity to learn to dance and get paired up with a professional partner. There will be a lot of familiar faces taking on the feat as well as a panel of expert judges to offer critique and help the audience to cast their votes on who will be crowned the winner.

The idea was pulled together by Jessica Barclay, head of Events for BALLADS. Keen to have an opportunity to showcase the talent, On the Rocks has provided a perfect platform to reach a wider audience. The challenge however, was finding a space large enough to take all the twirling, quick-stepping and waltzing that is required for the glitzy show which the St.Age luckily has to offer.

If you are missing that bit of sparkle in your life and are needing a well-deserved break from deadlines, presentations and the cold weather, go along to the St. Age tomorrow at 7pm and get ready to channel your inner Craig Revel Horwood or Darcey Bussell and witness St. Andrean personalities make their dance debut.