New CCTV images released in search for missing student

Missing student Duncan Sim is seen in CCTV images outside the Pilmour Clubhouse near the Eden Golf Course area between 11:24 and 11:33 pm on Wednesday 14 March

0
Duncan Sim

New CCTV images have placed missing student Duncan Sim near Eden Golf Course between 11:24 and 11:33 pm on Wednesday 14 March.

Mr Sim is shown in the image below outside the Pilmour Clubhouse.

Photo: Missing student Duncan Sim is seen outside the Pilmour Clubhouse near the Eden Golf Course area

The 19 year-old first-year chemistry student has not been seen since 11:15 pm outside the Madras Rugby Clubhouse, where he was seen leaving a social on Wednesday 14 March.

Those with information are asked to contact Police Scotland via 101, quoting incident number 2987 of 15 March.

From the Pilmour Clubhouse, it is unclear which direction Mr Sim next headed, however he appeared to be alone.

Duncan is described as a white man, 6ft tall, and of medium build, with green eyes and brown hair.

Inspector Karen Muirhead of Fife Police Division said: “We are committed to our search for Duncan and information now obtained from CCTV enquiries supports him being in the area near to the Eden Course shortly after he left Madras Rugby Club. He appears to be alone but it is unclear what direction he left this area in.

“I would again appeal to the public to think back to Wednesday 14 March and consider if they saw Duncan, or a man matching his description in the area. We hope that this image jogs someone’s memory and can give us that vital piece of information that we need in order to trace him.”

She continued, “It has now been two-weeks since Duncan was last seen and we remain extremely concerned for his welfare.  We continue to keep Duncan’s family updated with our enquiries and any developments.
“I would like to extend my thanks to the public and the media for their assistance in sharing our appeals for information, and to our partner agencies and civilian volunteers who have helped in the search for Duncan.
I would ask anyone with information, no matter how small, that can help with our inquiries in tracing Duncan, to come forward and report this to us as soon as possible.”