Hundreds join search for missing student Duncan Sim

Earlier today former AU President Ben Peddie, who is leading the search effort, set up a Facebook group for those who want to get involved: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2160410407319417/about/. The group is based out of Madras Rugby Clubhouse, where Mr Sim was last seen at 11 pm on Wednesday 14 March.

0
72
Duncan Sim

Hundreds of students, staff and members of the community alike have joined the search for missing student Duncan Sim.

Earlier today Ben Peddie, former AU president, who is leading the effort set up a Facebook group for those who want to get involved: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2160410407319417/about/.

The group is based out of Madras Rugby Clubhouse, where Mr Sim was last seen at 11 pm on Wednesday 14 March.

Members of Mr Sim’s rugby club from Duns in the Scottish Borders travelled to St Andrews by bus at 6:45 this morning to join in the search.

The community led search group has been canvassing and searching the entire town as far out as Tentsmuir forest.

The Athletic Union has provided vehicles to volunteers so they can distribute flyers across town.

The volunteer group urged residents to check near their own properties as well as to join in with the search. The Old Course hotel has also provided dinner for all the volunteers at the clubhouse.

It is believed that Mr Sim was on his way to the St Andrews’ Student Union on Market Street, however there is no confirmation as of yet that he made it to the Union. The police search is still ongoing.

Yesterday a coastguard helicopter also joined the search. Sergeant Sharon Holmes of Fife Police Division said: “We are growing increasingly concerned for Duncan’s welfare and are eager to trace him as soon as possible.

“I would urge anyone who may have seen Duncan, or a man matching his description, to contact us immediately.

“In addition, anyone with information that can help us trace his whereabouts is asked to get in touch with us as soon as possible.”

Those with information can contact St Andrews Police Station via 101, quoting incident number 2987 of 15 March.