You wouldn’t know it by watching the leftist mainstream media, but Donald Trump has had one of the most successful first years of any American president. Over the last year, Donald Trump and the Republican-controlled Congress have implemented ‘America First’ policies that will strengthen America’s foundation and keep it as the global hegemon.

President Trump’s policies are beginning to pay off for the American worker. Since the 2016 election, America has added over $6.3 trillion in new wealth; stock markets have closed at record highs for over 70 days; unemployment is at a seventeen-year low, minority unemployment is at its lowest point in recorded history; and over 2 million Americans have seen a rise in wages and bonuses. Undoubtedly, these successes are a result of the Trump administration’s pro-business agenda, repealing 800 onerous and burdensome regulations. Additionally, there is great optimism in the economy for what the recently passed tax reform bill will bring to American businesses, workers and families, such as lowering what was the highest corporate rate tax in the west from 35% to 21%.

In addition to these successes, Trump has begun to have a transformative impact on the American judicial system. Included on his list of many achievements is his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. President Trump has also set a record for federal judges appointed in a first year – an accomplishment of equal importance. To put this into perspective, President Trump has thus far had around 20 of his 66 nominees confirmed whereas at this point Obama had only 3 appeals court judges confirmed and George W. Bush only had 6 Federal judges confirmed. These conservative appointments will have decades’ long effect on many important issues involving interpretation of the US Constitution, including among other things, abortion, gun rights, criminal rights, and immigration.

America finally has a leader who refuses to capitulate to rogue and tyrannical regimes. Trump is standing up to dictators in Iran, Cuba and North Korea, something his predecessors failed to do. President Trump possesses the moral clarity to move the US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, refusing to yield to terror and despotic regimes, as other countries continue to succumb to fear. Trump has also followed through with his pledge to roll back Obama’s opening of relations with communist Cuba, and has hit the communist island with sanctions over a ‘sonic attack’ targeting American diplomats. In addition, under Trump ISIS has been all but defeated. Compared with ISIS at its height, it has now lost 98 percent of its territory and and tens of thousands of fighters as a result of Trump expanding the US military’s ability to carry out air strikes in the Middle East.

President Trump has had historic success thus far in cracking down on illegal immigration, making the American streets safer and helping to protect at risk and low wage earning workers. U.S. Customs and Border Protection has reported a 23.7% decline in illegal migration. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) conducted over 140,000 arrests and removed over 225,000 illegals in FY2017. It is worth noting that over 90% of those arrested, 101,722 illegals either had criminal conviction or a pending criminal charge or were an ICE fugitive – in other words Donald Trump is removing illegals who are a danger to our society, not ripping families apart as the main stream media would make it out to be.

Trump has not only fulfilled many campaign promises made to his supporters, but he has created wealth and employment for many who did not vote for him. Although he has more promises to keep, including sweeping immigration reforms to fix our outdate system and building a southern border wall, if he stays on track and continues with the Make-America-Great-Again agenda, he could look forward to a two-term presidency, garnering support from even those who did not support him in 2016 and in spite of the mainstream media barrage.

The views expressed in Viewpoint do not represent the views of The Saint but are individual opinions of the author.