1 butternut squash
1 red onion
2 bell peppers
For the sauce:
2 cans of tinned crushed tomatoes
2 minced cloves of garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried parsley
½ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
½ of a pack of lasagne pasta
2 packets of ricotta cheese
Grated cheddar cheese
- Peel and largely dice the butternut squash, aubergines, red onion and bell peppers.
- Toss vegetables generously with olive oil, salt and pepper and then place on a baking tray and roast in the oven at 170 degrees for 25 minutes or until the butternut squash has softened and can be easily pierced with a fork
- While the veggies are in the oven, prep the tomato sauce by adding 2 tins of crushed tomatoes, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and the spices listed above in a large pot on medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Cook half of a package of lasagne noodles until al dente – about 3 minutes once in the boiling water
- Add the veggies to the tomato sauce and remove from heat
- In an oven safe baking dish, layer the vegetable/sauce mixture with the ricotta cheese and lasagne noodles in the order of:
- Repeat this layering process until you have filled the dish
- Top with grated cheddar cheese, cover with foil and bake the lasagne for 35 minutes at 170 degrees or until the sides are bubbling and the cheese has melted.