Whether you play an instrument, sing, compose, or just appreciate good music of all different styles, this event is for you. Mark your calendars from the 26th through the 29th of October for what promises to be one of the most special events in St. Andrews. Saint Andrews Voices is Scotland’s only festival dedicated to vocal and choral music. This unique festival combines world class performances with a wide array of musical genres including folk, Lieder, early music, liturgical choral, cabaret and jazz. As students, you get the amazing chance to experience a beautiful array of music for only £6. During this fun and melody filled few days, there are some key events that you won’t want to miss. Some key dates include:

1. Thursday 26thOctober in the Byre Theatre at 10pm for the Swingles concert. The Swingles are an industry leading a cappella group who are going on tour with Gareth Malone, and we have the pleasure of having them in St. Andrews for this festival.
  2. Friday 27th October at 10pm for Barokksolistene’s concert. You might notice that this name doesn’t look too familiar. That is because this group is coming to us from Norway! They have just completed a tour of the US and are coming back with their “Alehouse Session” gig format that will be complemented with a free beer from the St Andrews Brewing Company. The programme includes folk songs and melodies of 18th century, as well as music by Purcell and other composers, all presented among the benches of St. Salvator’s Dining Room. Not only is this a great music event, but also a great way to start a Friday night out.
  3. Saturday 28thOctober at 3pm in Younger Hall for an “A Cappella Showcase”. This event is sure to be a hit with any of you a cappella lovers. The Swingles will be performing alongside some of our very own University groups as well as some local school children. The vibrancy of this event will a fantastic way to close the festival.

Tickets on sale now! So, if even one of those events appeals to you, then come along and jump into this stunning musical experience.