Englishman Tyrrell Hatton scored a final 66 at the Old Course to win the 2017 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.

Today’s score, combined with a 68 on Thursday at the Old Course and successive rounds of 65 at Carnoustie and Kingsbarns, saw him finish on 24-under-par, winning the tournament by three shots from compatriot Ross Fisher.

In doing so, Hatton became the first man to win the competition in consecutive years since it switched to the current Pro-Am format in 2001. His victory will see him move up to 22nd in the world and comes as a boost after a tough season that saw him miss the cut at all four majors.

Star of the show on the final day though was England’s Ross Fisher, who recorded 11 birdies on his way to a new course record 61 around the Old Course.

That gave him second in the competition, mirroring last year when he shared second spot on the rostrum behind Hatton with South African Richard Sterne. This was Fisher’s best finish of the season, and his seventh top 10 in 2017.

It could have been even sweeter for the Berkshire man, as he was well in position for a birdie on the 18th before an overswing forced him into a three-putt.

They were joined in the top three by Frenchman Vincent Dubuisson, who carded a superb 63 to finish on 17-under-par.

Grégory Bourdy, who began the day in second place, five shots behind Hatton, finished in a tie for 4th place after recording a bogey on the notorious 17th hole. He shared the position with Scot Marc Warren and Englishman Robert Rock, who both carded 66 in their final round.

The team competition was won by Welshman Jamie Donaldson and Kieran McManus, who together carded an outstanding 16-under-par final round to finish the competition on 40-under-par. It marked McManus’ third victory at the Dunhill, having previously won in 2009 and 2014 with Soren Hansen and Peter Lawrie respectively.