The Mandarin Rouge Ball promises to be unmissable

OTR will begin on a festive note.

0

Tell us about the ball! 

Starting from 2016, the Mandarin Rouge Ball presented by Chinese Hongpao Society is a first-ever Chinese-culture themed ball in the town with a brand new theme each year. It is a great demonstration of cultural diversity of the student body we have in the university and also a precious opportunity for people around the town to get to know and experience what the appealing oriental country has to offer. This year our theme would be “Traditional Chinese Wedding.” We will be having a traditional Chinese wedding ceremony at the Hotel Du Vin!

The ball will be held on Saturday 1 April. 

What makes this event unique?

Starting from 2016, the Mandarin Rouge Ball presented by Chinese Hongpao Society is a first-ever Chinese-culture themed ball in the town with a brand new theme each year. It is a great demonstration of cultural diversity of the student body we have in the university and also a precious opportunity for people around the town to get to know and experience what the appealing oriental country has to offer.

What was the inspiration behind putting on this event/show?

Chinese people love boisterous banquets! At the beginning we were just thinking about something grand but could still fit into the form of our event as a culturally themed ball. “Traditional Chinese Wedding” suddenly popped into my mind. It is a fun theme and also an elegant illustration of festive celebration in Chinese culture.

What should people be looking for?

A wedding ceremony in the traditional Chinese way! It is promised to be an unforgettable night especially for those who have never been to a Chinese wedding before!

What challenges have you faced?

How to get the props and costumes to create an authentic Chinese wedding was a big headache for us. Some of them are tricky to get and impossible to find on Amazon or ebay in the UK! We had to share the load among committee members in order to ship them all the way from China during the winter break!

What three words best sum up your show?

Magnificent, festive, and unmissable.