Saints Sport to launch 5k running programme

Saints Sport, in association with CAPOD, are launching a new running scheme to help people stay fit and healthy.

0
Photo: Harry Gunning

In association with CAPOD, Saints Sport are set to launch a weekly five kilometre running programme around University Park.

Whilst only one run is scheduled at the moment, event organiser Claire Scott hopes it will become a regular fixture on the St Andrews calendar.

Booking for the run, which is open to students, staff and the wider community, has already opened, with the first run scheduled to take place next Wednesday, Wednesday 29 April. You can book a place either at the Sports Centre reception or online: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/sport/bookings/. Sign-ups on the day are also welcome.

The run will start at the University Sports Centre and will encompass the entirety of University Park, running past the rugby pitches and pavilion, around the back of the football pitches and will also include a lap of the running track by the astroturf.

The event will be timed but is completely free to all who want to take part, with all participants all receiving access to the University Sports Centre’s facilities to freshen up after completion.

It is important to note, however, that parking at the Sports Centre will be limited due to the ongoing construction works of the new tennis centre.

The event offers a free, accessible and local way to stay healthy, so if you have an hour free at lunchtime, give it a go. If you want any more information you can contact Claire Scott via email (cls25@st-andrews.ac.uk) or ring her directly at 01334 46 2125.