The University of St Andrews has entered into a partnership with local Roseangle House Nursery, located near East Sands in St Andrews.

Roseangle House is due to open in Spring 2017, with an official opening date to be released sometime in the coming months.

The partnership was announced by a University press release sent to all staff and students. The nursery is due to be situated within the beginnings of “new, purpose built” student accommodation, which will be next to the East Sands Leisure Centre and near the current Albany Park building.

The costs of the nursery peak at £216 per week for children from zero to two years of age. This comes slightly below the national average for nursery costs, which are advised at £217 per week full-time. Some discounts are available for siblings and shorter days, which also come under the national average cost.

In her installation address, University Principal Professor Sally Mapstone promised 40 places for children of academic staff and student parents, with the potential to open the nursery to children of parents outside the University later on.  

The University chose Roseangle House Nursery because of its “first class level of childcare” and individual approach.

The period to register for a slot closed on Tuesday 31 of January, where successful applications will be informed after. Any St Andrews student or staff member can contact julia@roseanglehousenursery.co.uk for more information.

Jamie Rodney contributed to this article