Nominations for Students’ Association officers and academic representatives open Monday 20 February at 9 am.

Elected positions include sabbatical, Association, SSC, and SRC officers, as well as school presidents and departmental convenors.

This year marks the introduction of two new sabbatical officers: Director of Education and Director of Wellbeing. Previously, education and wellbeing fell under the Director of Representation’s remit.

Candidates for DoEd and DoWell will join students vying for the roles of Association President, Director of Student Development and Activities, Director of Events and Services, and Athletic Union President.

Students who are interested in running for a position must submit a statement, photograph, and list of prior relevant experience. All nominations must be seconded by two other students.

Nominations close Friday 24 February at 5 pm, and campaigning begins at noon the following day. Voting opens Friday 3 March.

From 2012 to 2015, the University held the record for highest student election turnout in the UK. St Andrews also held the distinction of being the only UK students’ union to exceed 50 per cent turnout. Last year, however, turnout dropped to 38.34 per cent.

For more information on this year’s elections, visit yourunion.net/voice/elections/ and The Saint‘s election hub.