As the summer heat rises, summer style flourishes. Three distinct warm weather trends absolutely scream holiday. Flora and fauna prints, reminiscent of radiant, tropical islands and lush forests, bring energy to the season. Such prints feature brilliantly coloured dragon fruit and calming hues of melon. An array of printed natural beauties, including palm leaves and blossoming branches, set the backdrop for feathered friends to play. Many scenes are printed on breathable silks and thin cottons; texture adds complexity to the foliage and fruits. Bring tastes of this flora and fauna trend with touches of vibrant floral prints and rich embroidery. Apprehensive to embrace jungle chic? Simply introduce a themed accessory.

Zara
Zara

The season brings forth a second trend, ‘watercolour gypsy’. From pastels to marbled fabrics with a touch of sparkle, this trend introduces the idea of refreshing, comfortable fashions. Mountain side or seaside, this palate lightens the urban standard while presenting a lush aesthetic with a mixture of fabrics and fibres. The look calls for light linen, scrumptious cashmere, and touches of silk. Layers of tasteful bracelets or draping necklaces compliment the style. Generally less printed than the flora and fauna trend, watercolour gypsy introduces more block coloration or even pebbled mosaics. Eccentric in nature and pure in execution, this trend can easily be integrated into the fall. Lighter, neutral hues and lush layers can compliment more traditional fashions.

Zara
Zara

The final trend of the season presents bright bohemian. With the colour scheme of flora and fauna and the structure of watercolour gypsy, bright bohemian melds the two previously introduced summer style trends. Synonymous with high summer, individuals embracing this trend exude a carefree vibe. The atmosphere sets a sizzling sunset. Pops of colour, specifically a warm palate of pirate red, citrus orange, and ruby pink excite any outfit. Piece by piece, bohemian in bright colours can break down the urban standard of the fall semester wardrobe. From colourful scarves to pocket squares, ladies and gentlemen alike can fuel the summer spirit well into any outfit this season.