Zayn Malik’s Pillowtalk

0
Zayn-Pillowtalk
Photo: Screenshot from Pillowtalk music Video

Zayn Malik has released his highly anticipated solo single Pillowtalk just under a year after leaving one direction. Malik has taken his music away from his previous boy band style with his new R&B influence track. His sultry vocals work harmoniously with his new highly sexualised vibe, which he describes as “so pure, so dirty and raw”. The track is complimented by his sensual video with model girlfriend Gigi Hadid, which is intense and nowhere near a PG rating. While the song is anything but subtle, it is extremely catchy and it’s a joy to see Malik taking a step away from 1D and having a slightly more grown up aspect to his music. Malik has by no means sugar coated that this is purely about sex. . His move away from the generic work of his bandmates is unexpected but in interviews he claims that this is what he has always wanted to do and that the band was just a convenience. The new 17-track album is due to be out in March and it is completely solo work, wanting to prove that he can do this alone. Crowned as Malik’s producer, James ‘Malay’ Ho is working wonders for the debut album, from his previous work with artists such as Frank Ocean and Pharrell Williams; we can see the direction (excuse the pun) that Malik is heading in and that will certainly keep the fans happy.