1. Mental Health Awareness Week

If you’ve missed this week’s suite of events, St Andrews’ Mental Health Awareness Week has a few more events to offer. On Thursday 18 February, award winning comic Dave Chawner will be in Beacon Bar giving a thought-provoking speech on mental health. On Friday 19 February, Lecture Theatre 3 in the Quad will be screening Inside Out along with a few drinks to celebrate the end of Mental Health Awareness Week.

2. HEAT at the Rule

The Rule is officially going to be the host of new student nights here in St Andrews. With a 2am license, a new sound system, music all night long and a brand new ambiance, HEAT at the Rule is the place to be this Thursday 18 February.

3. The Saint’s 200th Party

The time has come to celebrate The Saint’s 200th issue. After 19 years since its founding in 1997, The Saint will be hosting a night of splendid cocktails and enticing conversations at the Adamson Bar this Thursday 18 February. Whether it be before exploring the Rule or the Union, or just for a casual drink, come by and taste our custom cocktail and enjoy what will be a great night.

4. Winning Women Conference

On Monday 29 February, The Lumsden Club will be hosting its Winning Women Conference, an event bringing together six leading businesswomen to discuss issues such as accounting, advertising, pharmaceutical and finance industries. Comprising of a drinks reception, a debate and an open-floor session, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. Tickets are available for £10.

5. Headphone Disco

A strange spin on typical Union events, this Saturday 20 February, Club 601 will be hosting a silent disco. Headphones will be provided, along with a selection of two different DJs and music genres to choose from. A bizarre, yet equally intriguing concept, tickets are just £3 on the Yoyo Wallet app and will be £5 on the door.

6. Yoga Classes

Going hand-in-hand with St Andrews Mental Health Awareness Week are a series of Yoga classes being held throughout the week. If you missed Tuesday’s class, classes will run from 19 to 21 February for a simple donation of £5 to Health in Mind, a Scottish Mental Health Charity. Class will be from 4-5 in the View Studio Friday, 11-12 in All Saints Church Saturday, and 4-5:30 in All Saints Church Sunday.

7. The Lantern Parade

This Friday 19 February, CSSA St Andrews will be organising a Chinese Lantern Fair, representing the Lantern Festival, a celebration of the first full moon night of the Chinese New Year. The fair will occur in Parliament Hall at 7pm and will provide an unequalled opportunity to be immersed in Chinese culture. The evening will also be marked by a Lantern Parade in the town centre, beginning at 6:30pm.

8. DRA/FP Ball

The biggest hall ball, and probably one of the best value for money events St Andrews has to offer, DRA/ FP Ball will be held this Friday 19 February on Lower College Lawn. With its Casino Royale theme, the night will guarantee a wonderful atmosphere and exciting features.