The Pope may be visiting St Andrews later this year.

According to a statement on the Facebook page of the ‘St Andrews Declaration for a Shared Humanity’ Pope Francis will join representatives of various other Christian Churches, Hindu communities, Muslim national, leaders of the UK Jewish Community and the representative of the Dalai Lama on 23 September to sign the declaration.

A University spokesperson confirmed that plans are presently being made for the signing of the St Andrews Declaration and that they are in communication with the Vatican Secretariat of State.

Though they could not confirm whether or not the Pope will in fact be attending.

The declaration has been organised by The Centre for the Study of Religion and Politics (CSRP) of the University of St. Andrews which is currently celebrating a year of activities with the theme of Inter-Faith dialogue.

The year is intended to culminate with the signing of declaration which will take place at Parliament Hall, University of St. Andrews, on Friday 23 September 2016 11.00am.

This event and the conference on inter-faith dialogue that will take place from 23-25 September 2016 will be co-sponsored by the Centre for the Study of Religion and Politics (CSRP), the St. Andrews Inter-Faith Group, the St. Andrews Foreign Affairs Society, and the International Politics Association, all from the University of St Andrews.

1. You are aware that Aguilar is a notorious self-promoter and is generally regarded as a buffoon, right? The so-called “Year of Inter-Faith Dialogue” is purely Aguilar’s project and the “The St Andrews Declaration on a Shared Humanity” is equally a vehicle by which Aguilar can project his own ego. Many (maybe most?) of his books are published by vanity presses or unknown publishers i.e. minimal/zero peer review. I think you should do a bit of research before falling for this one!