‘Tis the season: holiday fun in St Andrews

0

Whether you’re one of the lucky language students who only have one exam or just fancy a break from revision, here are some of the best Christmas activities to do in and around St Andrews:

1. Christmas Fayre at the Union, Wednesday 2 December 1-5 pm: There will be a Christmas market at the Union raising money for Maggie’s Fife, an organization that offers professional support to people with cancer and their loved ones at Victoria Hospital. The afternoon promises to be a merry event with mince pies, mulled wine, candy canes, live music and more.
  1. Cinderella Pantomime Performance at The Byre Theatre, Thursday 3 December-Saturday 2 January: No Christmas is complete without a trip to the pantomime, so visiting The Byre for this performance of Cinderella is a must. Tickets can be brought on the Byre website.
  1. Fairmont St Andrews Luxury Christmas Market, Saturday 12 December and Sunday 13 December 11 am-4 pm: If the Union Christmas Market wasn’t enough to satisfy your Christmas shopping needs, the Fairmont Hotel’s Luxury Christmas Market is the perfect event for some self-indulgent spending. There will be a selection of luxury treats including local Artisan breads and cakes, handmade tweed accessories and fine jewelry. There will also be live entertainment, including a screening of a seasonal movie.
  1. Edinburgh’s affordable vintage Fair, Sunday 13 December 11 am- 4 pm: If you’re looking for a special Christmas present then head to the Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh to pick up some vintage bargains. Entry is £2. Whilst you’re there why not check out the Edinburgh Christmas Market, which is open every day in December from 10 am until 10 pm.
  1. It’s a Wonderful Life Cinema Screening at Forgan’s, Tuesday 15 December 3 pm: Forgan’s will be transformed into a festive hub for an afternoon screening of this Christmas classic. Tickets are £5 and include a mince pie and tea or coffee.
  1. Christmas Ice Show at Dundee Ice Arena, Saturday 19 December at 12 noon and 3:30pm: If you fancy getting away from the Bubble for the day, why not visit Dundee Ice Arena to watch the Christmas Show. Tickets can be booked by calling 01382 431900. Alternatively, you could put your own skating skills into practice with a session on the ice rink.
  1. Acoustic Christmas Carols, Thursday 24 December at 8 pm: As you wave goodbye to the exam season and Christmas day gets even nearer, take a break from your festive preparations to listen to an evening of carols at Forgan’s.

Whether you’re spending all of break in the Bubble or are just in need of some holiday spirit this revision week, any of these events is sure to bring some good cheer.