1. Xmas at the Old Course: On Sunday 29 November the Old Course Hotel will transform into a winter wonderland. With everything from a food hall to a festive market, this event is not to be missed. The hotel will also offer a jazz brunch, as well as cooking demonstrations for food-enthusiasts.

2. Christmas Market: Between 12 and 13 December, Fairmont St Andrews will be returning with their luxury Christmas market. Their stalls will include everything from artisan breads and cakes, to jewellery and tweed accessories, as well as live entertainment. The market will be open almost all day, from 11 am until 4 pm.

3. Groove at The Rule: The African and Caribbean Society will be hosting Groove at the Rule on Thursday 26 November. Hip Hop, R&B, Afrobeat and Dancehall are on the entertainment agenda. Entry will be £3 for members and £5 for non-members.

4. Turkey Trot: With American Thanksgiving cheer, on Thursday 26 November at 10 AM, UNICEF St Andrews will be hosting a 5K race on West Sands. There will be a prize for the winner and turkey costumes are encouraged. Raising over £15 for the even will also win you a free turkey trot t-shirt. Admission to the race is £3, and is payable at the starting line.

5. The Other Guys: On Friday 27 November The Other Guys will be performing their Christmas concert at the All Saints’ Episcopal Church. Featuring festivity and beloved a cappella, the evening is sure to set us all into a feeling of cheer. Tickets will be available for £5.

6. 602 Ball: On Friday 27 November the Fellowship of St Andrews will be celebrating the University’s 602nd birthday on Lower College Lawn. The proceeds for the event will be going to Class Gift in order to raise funds for student bursaries, as well as funding a week of free events in honour of St Andrews Day.

7. St Andrews’ Day: This year’s St Andrews’ Day celebrations will take place on the weekend of the 27-30 November. There will be live entertainment, dance, books food, drink golf – and much more. Join students and locals alike at St Andrews’ biggest party to celebrate the town’s historic origins.

8. Christmas Ball: The highly anticipated Mermaids Christmas Ball is back again on November 29, bringing wizardry to the table. Hogwarts at Christmas will feature chocolate fountains, mulled wine and butter beer. Re-live your childhood fantasies and celebrate before exams with music from the Alleycats, Blueswater, Joe Jones and DJ Matt Edmondson for a night of imagination and magic.