The Saint’s Top 8

0
  1. Luvians Wine Fair 2015
    On Saturday 3 October, Luvians will be hosting their 18th annual Wine Fair. For only £15, you’ll get access to over 200 wines, beers and spirits – accompanied by a varied of treats from their deli. In addition to these gastronomical delights, experts will be available to advise you on the best of your favourite drinks. 10 per cent discount will be given on any order to Luvians on the day of the fair. Tickets will be available in the Luvian shop on Market Street.
  2. FAS: Keith Shannon
    The foreign affairs society has invited Keith Shannon, former British diplomatic ambassador to Moldova, to St Andrews on Thursday 1 October. Join the society in School II to hear Shannon’s account of his experiences in Moldova, as well as on the ways in which his experiences in St Andrews informed his diplomatic career. Following the event, the society has organised a social at the Brewing Company for all interested in international relations.
  3. Borish Grebenshikov
    On Wednesday 7 October, the St Andrews Russian society will be hosting their most anticipated event of the semester: Boris Grebenshikov – the singer of Russian Rock band, Aquarium – will join Irish musicians for a Quartet performance. Tickets are limited and can be bought on the Union’s website, as well as at the door.
  4. Are your feet itchy?
    Itchy Feet is back in St Andrews! On Tuesday October 13, the Vic will be host to one of the semester’s most musically diverse nights. With everything from swing, soul, and funk – to rhythm & blues and rock’n’roll – you will definitely “find a new love of all things old”. Tickets can be bought online for just £7!
  5. Evelyn Waugh Feature
    Come to Topping & Company on Wednesday 7 October for one of their St Andrews BookFest events. The night’s event will feature an exposé on Evelyn Waugh according to Duncan McLaren. This is the perfect event for all literature-lovers, as you’ll hear one writer’s interpretation of another. Tickets are available online at Topping & Company’s website.
  6. Law Fair
    Though St Andrews doesn’t offer a law-degree, the University’s law society has long had a wide presence within the community. For all those interested in law, or a career in law, this fair is not to be missed. Representatives from over 20 top law firms will be attending the fair – a great opportunity to meet people in the industry and get tips for law-school applications. The event will take place on Tuesday 6 October (one will also need to sign up at the Careers Centre before-hand).
  7. Music is Love @601
    Working with the infamous Music is Love, Club 601 will host “BODDIKA ft. Bert E & Saunnit” this Thursday 1 October. While the house-scene is beginning to pick up in St Andrews, there has been high demand for an electronic, or techno night. This event caters specifically to that demand. Earlybird tickets are only £8, but tickets can also be bought at the door for £10
  8. MAZE First Aid
    From 10-18 October, MAZE – the St Andrews Psychology Department Newsletter – will be hosting mental health first aid training courses for St Andrews students. Bring your friends along and learn about the various aspects of mental health. Though each session costs £45, it lasts for a total of 12 hours