St Andrews’ trending October essentials

0
28

When Saints think of October they are usually eager to take part take in activities traditionally associated with the fall. They ponder on how to participate in Oktoberfest events, can’t wait to have the tang of pumpkin
flavour against their taste buds from Starbucks’ delectable pumpkin
spice lattes and are starting to stock up on foam for the infamous Raisin Weekend. But when one obtains insight on the meaning of October from St Andrew fashionistas, one learns that they are habitually enticed by the debut of DONT WALK and St Andrews Fashion Show models, London Fashion Week, and fall sales at Joules and Jack Wills. With all these exhilarating events going on at our University, it is difficult for vogue enthusiasts to go on periodical sprees at Princes Mall and other city shopping centres. To help
St Andreans keep up with the latest crazes, The Saint has created a list
to help them keep up to date with St Andrews street style one Market Street shop at a time.

Boots

One should always have a classic pair of short leather boots in one’s closets. Ankle boots flatter any bottom of your choice, including high waisted jeans, denim skirts and the nifty pairing of shorts with black tights. Block-heel boots can also complement these garments. Because of booties’ thick heels,
comfort is maximized while walking the historic cobblestones, and of course, appear to be voguish. Ankle leather boots can be found in New Look for £24.99 and a pair of block heeled boots can be acquired for £24.99 at H&M.

Ankle Booties New Look
Photo by Natalie Correa

Pinafore Dress

As seen in the classic teenage movie Clueless, the vintage 90s grunge is making a comeback! The pinafore dress is the perfect piece of clothing to transition from a day-to-night look. Accompanied with either a long or short sleeve shirt of your preference, this dress allows you to stand out from the crowd in a stylish, unique manner. With the perfect eye make-up and blockheeled boots, you’ll be sure to have a successful night. Pinafore dresses
are available on ASOS.com for £30.00 or more.

Satchels

Need a stylish shoulder bag to put school supplies in? Choose the timeless
leather cross shoulder satchel! This popular old-school accessory is quintessential for the St Andrews student, enhancing the cerebral impression our peers often bestow. While a Cambridge Satchel Bag is esteemed, a more affordable satchel in various prints and colours can be bought at Accessorize for £29.99 or more. Scaramanga on Bell Street also sell
unique – and local – leather satchels for around £90.

Faux Fur

Whether in the form of a jacket, sweater or vest, faux fur can complement any outfit. Many students pair a faux fur vest with St Andrews branded jogging bottoms, making school spirit as chic at it can be. The popular covering can be found in both H&M and New Look for about £29.99.

Denim Skirt

Why not merge spring and fall looks? As seen in Topshop’s London Fashion Week presentation, denim skirts are beginning to come into style. Along with a pair of cute tights and ankle boots, the washes of denim skirts allow for the ultimate outfit statement. While the denim skirt seen on Topshop’s runway is not yet available for order, their current denim skirt styles can be found on Topshop.com for around £28.00.

We may not have access to the stores of our liking, but at least we can utilize the St. Andrews Town Centre shops to keep up with the latest fall trends.

Faux Fur H&M
Photo by Natalie Correa