Having never been to Sitara* before, I was unsure what to expect before the main event on Saturday night. What I was sure of, however, was that this was a completely new and different version of the show. Having met with Jonathan Gibb, co-head of marketing, the previous night, it was clear that the committee was excited about its new location, a large marquee at Station Park.. Itwas easy to understand why. Arriving at 7 pm Saturday night to music from DJ Staley Sharples, I was greeted with VIP tables offering vibrant blue fish bowls and poppadoms and a drinks bar where those lucky enough to gain a VIP table (£70 per person) could also claim two free drinks. Standard guests arrived at 7:30 pm, allowing VIP guests to fully enjoy their extra benefits and make good use of the Owl Eyes photo booth before the big rush.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/95851896″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]

The theme for the show itself was ‘Street culture’ kicking off with dancers. After some impressive moves, including a backflip on stage, it was easy to see why the crowd was going wild for the show. The models themselves gave off a relaxed vibe but were clearly enjoying themselves. They modelled clothes by designers including Sofia Juanne, Raishma Couture and Karen Schehori, featuring a vibrant array of colours, floral patterns, gems and sequins with several feather boas thrown into the mix. The walks themselves were unlike anything I’ve ever seen before and really reflected the relaxed, but fun vibe Sitara* clearly sought to emulate. Models sipped prosecco and blue WKD as they sashayed down the Catwalk with one model, Anthony Singh, even pulling out a selfie stick to capture his moment onstage and Hannah Okazaki Ferguson downing prosecco straight from the bottle before proceeding to pour it over her fellow model, Mohammad Haboub. The after party kicked off a few minutes after the show ended and the relaxed yet buzzing vibe continued with many attendees taking to the catwalk itself to dance.

Speaking to Jonathan during the show’s short interval, it was easy to see why he was thrilled with the outcome of the show. “We have clearly outshined ourselves from the previous years: the decision to upgrade to a marquee was one of the best decisions we have ever made.” Model Anthony Singh, told me his favourite part of Sitara* 2015 was “Being backstage with everyone,” clearly illustrating the great bond the cast had with each other.

Overall, Sitara* 2015 really set itself apart from other fashion shows in St Andrews and has really embraced its distinctiveness. It is easy to see why it has become increasingly popular. Moreover, it is all for a good cause, SOS Multan, which builds homes for abandoned children and orphans and where the difference made by donations can really be seen. I will definitely be returning to Sitara* next year.