PlayerLayer announced as new Saints Sport kit supplier

0
British sportswear brand PlayerLayer will supply all Saints Sport kit as of 2015/16

In a collaboration set to commence from next academic year, Saints Sport have agreed that British sportswear brand PlayerLayer will be their new kit supplier. The deal comes after the current supplier, O’Neills, failed to deliver on kit supplies for a number of clubs this season, eventually prompting the AU to sever all ties with the company and search for a replacement. O’Neills themselves had only supplied kit since September 2014, with the previous supplier, Kukri, having been considered outdated and unfit for purpose.

Newly re-elected AU President for 2015-2016, Sarah Thompson, speaks about the PlayerLayer deal in glowing terms. She states that “Saints Sport is very excited to announce our new partnership. The University of St Andrews prides itself on excellence and innovation, seeking the most talented students and encouraging them to be the best they can be. Sport continues to go from strength to strength with ever growing numbers of our students getting involved and competing at even higher levels. PlayerLayer is the perfect fit for Saints; we are hugely impressed by the high quality and service they can offer, and their desire to capture the spirit of St Andrews. By working together we hope to strengthen and develop the uniqueness of our brand, whilst embracing the traditions of our historic University.”

The new supplier’s CEO, Joe Middleton, speaks no less effusively about St Andrews, stating that “PlayerLayer is delighted to be entering a partnership with another of the world’s most prestigious universities. St Andrews is an institution steeped in tradition, boasting a rich history and culture. We admire the way in which they respect and uphold their roots and values, whilst also embracing the constantly developing modern world, something that PlayerLayer has always been determined to do. We can’t wait to get started and produce a beautiful, unique look, which will hopefully pay tribute to the university’s identity.”

During a season in which quality and quantity of kit has been a persistent issue, it can only be hoped the new deal will guarantee every sports club in St Andrews attire they can wear with pride.