On The Rocks Festival to feature increasingly popular Carnaby Market Fair

0
Photo: Carnaby Market

Carnaby Market Fair is coming to St Andrews on 11 April as part of the On The Rocks Festival. It will be held in the Town Hall, in Queens Gardens, lasting from 11 am to 6 pm. The entry fee for adults is 50p, and it is free for children. The event includes a wide range of local traders, from hobbyists to those starting their own businesses, and will feature 30 stalls of arts and crafts, fashion, vintage, home wares, upcyclyers and antiques.

Ms Webster founded Carnaby Market Fair three and a half years ago in St Andrews, starting in Victory Memorial Hall. The fair began as a group of purely vintage traders but, after realising the talent in other craft areas, Ms Webster made the fair inclusive of other artisans. Eventually, due to the growing number of traders and increasing popularity, Carnaby Market Fair outgrew Memorial Hall, moving to the Town Hall, and began trading in Dundee and Dunfermline as well as St Andrews.

Photo: Carnaby Market
Photo: Carnaby Market

Carnaby Market Fair is an opportunity for the artisans of St Andrews to showcase their talents, and for others to experience what they have to offer. With plenty of stalls to choose from, The Saint asked Ms Webster if there was one in particular that she would recommend. She commented that a company called ‘Dougal Dog’, who specialise in handmade dog accessories, are particularly close to her heart. Additionally, Beth at ‘Very Vintage of St Andrews’ will be showing attendees how to paint and revitalise old furniture, with demonstrations at 12 pm and 3 pm.

The fair in the Town Hall on 11 April is not the only upcoming event for Carnaby Market Fair. They will be back on 3 May in the Byre Theatre, and on 10 May will be in Bonar Hall, Dundee.

Photo: Carnaby Market
Photo: Carnaby Market