YourUnion Elections: nominations open

0

Nominations for the Students’ Association elections opened this Thursday 19 February.

Any current matriculated student can nominate him or herself to run in the elections for a Sabbatical position, an SRC or SSC position and for school president positions. For more detailed rules and regulations consult our guide, or the YourUnion elections website. Over 50 positions are available.

Sunday 22 February sees the Students’ Association AGM take place, followed by a mixer, at which potential candidates can talk to current position holders to get an idea of what to expect, and to talk about their current jobs.

Nominations will be open for one week, with campaigning starting on Friday 27 February.

There will be hustings for candidates on the evenings of Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 March. The Sabbatical candidates debate will take place on Wednesday 4 March.

Voting will take place on Thursday 5 and Friday 6 March and the elections results will be announced on Friday evening.

The Saint will be providing news, analysis and comment surrounding this years elections. As always, keep up to date with all election related news via our Elections 2015 hub, which this week will be providing analysis of the current Sabbatical team and tracking nominations as and when they occur. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep informed.