The Saint’s Top 8

0
2

Mini Turns FiveTop Eight

Promoted as a ‘night of electronic music that focuses on the subtleties but doesn’t forget to bring the heat’, St Andrews own beloved Moodroom Collective celebrates it’s fifth year in the Bubble this week. Taking place at 1 Golf Place on Thursday 5 February from 10pm, entry is free. With grooving music, a cash only bar and an exclusive discount on drinks- golfers paradise is the place to be this Thursday night.

Big Top Ball Launch

Big Top Ball is launching a pre-party for their hit spring ball for the first time ever, as ‘the circus is coming to town early’. Taking over the Union Friday 6 February, the launch will feature the music genius behind NELFUN, the unofficial DJ of RAG Week, and photographers to capture this special evening. With raffle prizes, face painting and a new signature cocktail, Big Top 2015 holds lots of promise. The event takes place in the Union from 10:30pm – 2am.

Fife Food Festival

The annual Fife Food Festival is taking place on 8 February, and promises to cater to even the most discerning foodie by gathering together the best of Scottish produce for you to buy. From names we all already know, like the Balgove Larder, to producers from slightly further afield, there will be something for everyone. The event begins at 11am in Younger Hall.

Bute Ball

On Friday 13 February, Kinkell Byre will be transformed into a vintage carnival in honour of the 100th Anniversary Bute Medical Ball, with guests getting to enjoy dinner and a ceilidh for £70. Unfortunately, the tickets are sold out, so if you’re not lucky enough to be going already then you’ll have to beg, borrow or steal to get one.

Alleycats’ Homecoming Concert

After spending Christmas break jet-setting around the States on their first ever international tour, the Alleycats are finally home and ready to treat us to a gig. Everyone knows a home crowd is best, so if you want to give them a warm homecoming and spend an evening listening to an energetic set with some of the best dance moves outside of the Lizard, then get down to the Buchanan Lecture Theatre on Friday 6 February. Ticket sales will be held outside the Library on Tuesday and Wednesday from 12pm – 3pm at £2.50 for students and £5 for non-students.

GROOVE 2.0

If there’s one thing the African Caribbean Society (ACS) can do is throw a riotous party, and this semester’s GROOVE 2.0, taking place in the Lizard on Thursday 12 February, will be no different. Tickets to the ACS dance party, at £3 for members and £5 for non-members, are available at the door. GROOVE 2.0 promises a party from 10pm-2am, featuring fan favourite throwbacks mixed in with hot Afrobeats, Dancehall and R&B. With feature DJ Deejay Yemster back on the decks, the Lizard is the place to be come 12 February.

dRAG Walk

The Saints’ LGBT event dRAG Walk is back again and promises to be just as fabulous and fierce as always! Ten new contestants will be competing in the Buchanon Lecture Theatre for the title of this year’s queen from 8pm on Saturday 7 February as part of RAG week. Tickets are just £5 for an evening filled with drama, outlandish outfits and incredible performances. Ticket sales are online. Keep yourself on the ball to avoid missing the action.

FS 2015

Now in its 22nd year and a firm fixture on the St Andrews social calendar, FS is taking place on 14 February on Lower College Lawn. Given its popularity both the Table and VIP tickets are already sold out, but details of the after party tickets, priced at £25, are still to be announced. With DJs playing until the wee hours of the morning, the party definitely doesn’t end with the fashion show, so if you don’t want to miss out then make sure to check their event page for any updates.