The prompt for this year’s competition is ‘Wild’ – we particularly welcome poems written in response to this topic, but entries can be on any subject. The winning poem will be printed in the next issue of The Saint.

This year’s guest judge is by Don Paterson, poetry editor of Picador MacMillan, and recipient of the Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry.

Competition Rules
1. The competition is open to all current students and employees of the University, excluding the editorial staff of The Saint.
2. The closing date of the competition is 5pm, January 10
, 2015. The winning entry, and any runner(s) up, will be published by The Saint, either in print or online.
3. Each entrant may submit up to three poems.
4. All poems must be submitted via email to tfs2@st-andrews.ac.uk. Poems must be submitted either attached Microsoft Word documents, or in the body-text of the email.
5. No alterations can be made to poems once entered.
6. All entries are judged anonymously. The poet’s name must not appear on the poem itself.
7. All poems must have a title and must not exceed 45 lines in length (not including the title, or any epigraphs and translations – see rule 10).
8. Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
9. Entries must not have been previously published, published on a website featured among the winners in another competition.
10. Entries must be written in English; where a word or phrase from another language is used, a translation must be provided below the poem.

Arts

Latest posts by Arts (see all)