The St Andrews Voices 

Acappella? Jazz? Comedy Cabaret? Check, check and check – St Andrews Voices caters for all musical tastes. Running from the 23 to the 26 October, this festival of vocal and choral music offers four jam packed days of entertainment, exhibitions and workshops, including street performances by The Alleycats and The Other Guys.

Cheese and Wine Tasting 

If for you there really is nothing better than enjoying a glass (or four) of delicious wine, served up with oodles of exciting cheeses, then you best not miss out on the Cheese and Wine Tasting being held in The Guild Cheese shop tomorrow evening (this Friday 23 October). This quirky store are offering you the chance to try 5 mouthwatering wines accompanied by 5 equally mouthwatering cheeses all for just £25 per person.

Vintage Collective Fair

Hailed as Scotland’s ‘premier vintage fair’, the Vintage Collective is back for another year in the town where it all began. Taking place on 1 November from 10 am until 5 pm in Younger Hall, don’t miss out on the bargains which are set to be on offer. As well as clothes, you’ll also be able to sample some yummy food and absorb the buzzing atmosphere.

Guy Fawkes Bonfire 

Remember, remember the fifth of November! This Guy Fawkes night the Postgraduate Society are putting on a roaring fire set to warm up even the coldest evening. There’s nothing quite like a bonfire on the beach, and the beautiful East Sands is the perfect backdrop for it. The fire will get going at 8 pm on the 5 November, on East Sands Beach.

Coffee House Sessions 

Come listen to one of Ireland’s hot up and coming singer-songwriters, Eoin Glackin, as he performs as part of the Coffee House Sessions initiative, ongoing this year in Rector’s Café. Enjoy a coffee and critically acclaimed life music, 24 October at 5:30 pm.

Rocky Horror Picture Show 

With just the right mix of horror and cheese, the Rocky Horror Picture Show is a classic which you just can’t afford to miss. On 28 October, The Just So Society will be bringing all of the action to our Auld Grey Toon starting at 9 pm in Venue One. At just £5.50 a ticket (£4.50 for members!), this is a bargain evening to get you in the Halloween spirit.

FFALL

St Andrews’ newest event, the Festival for All, will take over the Student’s Union 25th October for a day long music and arts festival showcasing the best artistic talent from the student body alongside professional performers. Supporting various student societies, the day promises to be one to remember.

Ride ’em hard, Leave ’em wet

Taking place on Saturday 28 October, this naughty sounding evening, hosted by the St Andrews Polo Club and the St Andrews Boat Club, looks set to be a sell-out. Although the £5 entry fee might seem a bit steep, given that the event is being held in 1 Golf Place, the bar will be discounted by 10% meaning you get more booze for your buck.