The University is looking to fill two vice-principal positions in the Principal’s Office.

The positions available are vice-principal (governance and planning) and vice-principal (international). Both are integral to the running of the University.

The opportunity to respond to the online advertisements for the posts closes on 6 October.

The vice-principal (governancend planning) position was previously held by Nic Beech, but a replacement is being sought following his appointment as vice-principal and head of the College of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Dundee.

The job includes responsibility for a wide array of University activities, including the University Court and Senate Office, the University’s risk management group, and overseeing appeals and complaints. It also comprises management of the Scottish Funding Council, human resource management, convening the trade unions consultative committees, workforce planning, staff training and organisational development.

The other position, vice-principal (international), replaces the vice-principal (external relations) role. This job was held last year by Des McSweeney until his resignation after just six months in the job. Mr McSweeney purportedly retired in order to continue his career in publishing, having previously worked in numerous high-profile roles for the company behind The Economist, Minter-Green. He most recently held the position of publisher of The Economist’s sister magazine Intelligent Life.

The vice-principal (international) role includes responsibility for worldwide recruitment and many of the University’s services and facilities, including heading the development, communications, admissions and careers structures.