The New Saint at The Old Course: don’t miss out

0
7

Almost two weeks into the semester (and with your will to spend another night in the Union dwindling fast), many of you are no doubt itching to pull on your party dresses, fix up our bow ties and head to a black tie event. But thankfully, The Saint has got you covered, as it’s soon time for the actual first black tie event of the year.

Back for its third year running, The New Saint at the Old Course will be taking place on Friday 19 September within the Hall of Champions at arguably St Andrews’ most iconic venue, The Old Course Hotel. A backdrop unlike any other, it will be an evening of sophistication and class, providing a refreshing and very welcome change of scene from Friday nights spent at the Lizard or the Vic.

Given that most other balls charge £30+ for a ticket, The New Saint at The Old Course is undoubtedly one of the most economical black tie events in St Andrews, with tickets priced at a very affordable £17. (FYI: that’s less than it’d cost you for a large stuffed crust pepperoni pizza from Dominos and we guarantee our event won’t make you fat).

In fact, quite the opposite. With a ceilidh band, live music and a DJ all included in the line-up, you’ll be lucky if your toes leave the dance floor all night.

Speaking about the event, Elliot Davies, The Saint’s editor, added: “I’m very excited that The Saint’s sell-out ball is returning for the third year running.

“Originally run to celebrate The Saint’s relaunch in 2012, The New Saint at The Old Course was such a success that we decided to bring it back – and it’s still going strong.”

He continued: “This sophisticated evening of drinking and dancing really is the perfect way to kick off the year in true St Andrews style. Not only is it a black-tie event set in the Hall of Champions at the five-star Old Course Hotel, but arriving guests will be welcomed by a Scottish piper before they take part in a traditional ceilidh later in the evening. I can’t wait!”

This event sold out last year, and it looks like it’s set to do it all over again so get your tickets now from our website. So pull on your finest party dress or that suave kilt and we’ll see you there. Be sure to save us a dance!