RAG (Raising and Giving) Week is a charitable tradition in UK universities and organised in the Bubble by the Charities Campaign. RAG Week is exclusively sponsored by KPMG. All of the events are entirely student-run and all profits will be donated to charity. The events will be taking place between 1 – 9 February in Venue 1 & 2 in the Union as well as the Barron Theatre, Younger Hall and other locations around town.

RAG 2014 will kick off with UNITrash, the university clubbing branch of Ministry of Sound, which is coming to Venue 1 for a wild club night on Saturday 1 February. The majority of the £4 entry fee will be donated to charity, and it includes a free messy bomb so you can start the night right!

The ceilidh night takes place on Sunday 2 February. Besides a generous amount of Scottish dancing, you can enjoy many traditional treats and goodies. This night’s proceedings will go to the Class Gift fund for student bursaries and library resources.

Blind Mirth brings you the comedy night, hosted by Leon O’Rourke, on Monday. The evening features improv comedy by Blind Mirth, as well as sketches by the St Andrews Revue and stand up from St Andrews’ finest comedians, including some acts that have sold out the Fringe. On the same night you can check out Dragwalk in Venue 2, presented by LGBT and featuring some famous St Andrews drag queens.

Tuesday brings the unparalleled Mr St Andrews, where the best men St Andrews has to offer will battle for the coveted Mr St Andrews title. They will show off their seduction skills and prowess on the dancefloor in an over-the-top night of debauchery and indulgent revelry.

Sinners Sports will take place on Wednesday, and the RAG edition promises to be crazier than ever.

On Thursday, get ready to discover the finest talent St Andrews has to offer in St Andrews Got Talent, proceeds of which will be donated directly to UNICEF.  Don’t forget to pay your library fines today too, as up to £1000 of this will be donated to charity!

The usual Friday bop will for RAG week be transformed into a magical under-the-sea Disney night, featuring a lot of dancing, nostalgic tunes, fun face-painting, flying balloons, prizes for costumes and many fantasy surprises for guests.

One of the most anticipated events of the semester, Catwalk, is set for Saturday 8 February. In tune with this year’s theme, ‘Life in print’ you can expect a night full of vibrant colours and prints, coming from Asian, African and South American cultures. 2014’s Catwalk will bring a new exhilarating fashion experience to RAG Week.

To round up the week, the Fine Food Fayre will take place on Sunday at Younger Hall. It promises tantalising flavours, exclusive discounts on produce for visitors, cooking demonstrations from Michelin star and local chefs, a luxury raffle and many free goodies that are not to be missed.

Other RAG Week events include: the Guide Dogs Society; the Macmillan pub quiz; a Design Team workshop; RockSoc for RAG; the RAG Week debate; and the Music Society concert. For those with a taste for theatre, Mermaids will be showing a brand new play, Wolf Whistle, in the Barron Theatre on Friday. For those with a sweet tooth check out the bake sales outside the library throughout the week.

For more information about each of the events and the timetable, you can check out the Facebook page or website.