Students can now nominate themselves for a position in the Students’ Association elections 2014. Over 50 positions will be available, including roles on the Students’ Representative Council (SRC), Student Services Council (SSC) and Athletic Union (AU) as well as the main sabbatical positions.

Nomination week began with the Union AGM, where current members gave reports on what they have achieved during the year, and a candidate mixer, which allowed those who were thinking about nominating themselves to come along and speak to current officers about their jobs.

Nominations for sabbatical candidates will close at 5pm on Wednesday and at 5pm on Friday for all other positions. Campaigning will begin following an all-candidate meeting at 5:30pm.

Campaigning will last for a week, with voting opening next Wednesday 5 March at 11pm and closing at 6pm on Friday 7 March.

The Saint will be providing all the news, analysis and comment surrounding this year’s elections. You can keep up to date with all election-related news online at The Saint’s elections hub, which this week will be tracking nominations and looking back at the successes and failures of the current sabbatical team, and also by looking out for our special elections issue of the printed newspaper on Thursday 6 March.