Chariots, the popular charity 5km run that takes place on West Sands, St Andrews has announced Sunday 1st June as next year’s race date along with a new charity beneficiary for 2014 – AICR.

The race, now into its fourth year saw its biggest turn-out last year with well over 200 adults and over 120 children competing for what is firmly established as the definitive Chariots of Fire running experience and a great family event.

With all proceeds going directly to charity and well over £2500 raised in each of the previous three years, the 2014 event should easily see the amount raised for charity to date pass £10,000 – all made possible by the generous donation of all prizes and goodies from the local community.

Next year, event organizer Ben McLeod is hoping to beat that target and local cancer research charity, the Association for International Cancer Research (AICR) will be the main charity beneficiary.

Ben McLeod commented; “It’s the experience as much as the result that counts. Anyone can go for a half hour run, but it’s not every day that you get the chance to run all in white, with spectator support on such a beautiful and iconic beach, the Vangelis theme playing and the promise of a fudge doughnut, ice cream or local beer as a reward! So many individuals, organizations and businesses give time, goods or services to make this event happen and it’s great to be able to give back to charity. We are delighted that this year’s event will benefit a locally-based charity, AICR, and can’t wait till June!”

Entries are now live (06/12/13) at www.entrycentral.com/chariots

Facebook: Chariots of Fire Beach Race

Twitter: @runthedream