WWWW?: St Andrews Green Film Festival

0
Image: St Andrews Green Film Festival
Image: St Andrews Green Film Festival
Image: St Andrews Green Film Festival

Who & what?

The St Andrews Green Film Festival is a showcase of several inspiring movies, both shorts and feature films, put on by Transition University of St Andrews – an environmental non-profit organisation based in our fair town. This year, attendees will be fortunate enough to witness three premiere screenings, for The Moo Man, MusicWood and The Pipe, with each additionally hosting a director Q&A. Several other acclaimed films will also be on show, including two special pre-festival screenings in Cupar and Anstruther.

Of course the films themselves will be taking centre stage, but the Festival will also include an intriguing assortment of guest speakers and environmentally-themed workshops throughout its run, so there will be plenty to get involved with beyond the cinematic side of things for those who are interested. If you consider yourself a budding activist, or just someone who has a passion for sustainability and the environment, then the Green Film Festival promises to be a fantastic event.

When & where?

The Festival runs from 22-24 November, and will be held in various venues around town, including the Buchanan Theatre. Tickets for the event are on sale now, and cost £25 for the entire weekend. For more information, including the full programme of films, visit greenfilm.org.uk, and attend the Facebook event here.