new saint old course

The Saint has officially announced the return of its sell-out black tie event: The New Saint at The Old Course.

The glamorous Hall of Champions in the Old Course Hotel will provide the perfect backdrop to this sophisticated evening of music, dancing and good company.  With a ceilidh, live music and a DJ, you can dance the night away in style! The event will take place on the Friday of freshers’ week, providing a welcome alternative from the packed Union line up.

As the first formal event of the academic year, attire is strictly dress to impress. Our photographers will be on hand all night to capture the fun while our fashion team will be critically evaluating the best dressed.

To all you freshers out there: it’s never too early for your first black tie evening. You’re at St Andrews after all! So get ready to dust off your ball gowns and put on your kilts for your first taste of a formal function in the Bubble, Saint style!

Camilla Henfrey, business manager of The Saint and lead organiser of the event, said: “Last year was fantastic, but this year we have upped our game. A professional ceilidh band are going to be starting the evening off for us! It’s all very exciting. I love the Old Course Hotel and it is the perfect excuse to dress up – I really can’t wait!”

Editor Craig Lye was equally enthusiastic, adding: “After a sell-out success last year, I’m looking forward to another amazing night at the Old Course Hotel.”

Tickets can be bought now, by emailing our lovely business team (business@thesaint-online.com) or in person during freshers’ week. At £16 for one of the premier venues in St Andrews, they are a steal! Please remember that ID will be required for the bar (all passports and UK/EU driving licences acceptable).