Summer vacation too long for you? Are you tired of watching endless repeats of Jeremy Kyle and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? Have you been sitting on the sofa for so long that you’re unsure whether you’ll be able to make it from the library to Tesco?

Then you need to get active for autism! And the opportunity to abseil 140 feet from the top of Dundee University Tower on Saturday 24 August is just the thing for you!

Photo credit: Autism Initiatives Website

Autism Initiatives Scotland is taking part in the Dundee University Tower abseil, which sees adventurous souls experience the adrenaline rush of a lifetime. Autism Initiatives is an autism charity that operates throughout Scotland and the UK and works to support people with autism. The charity provides a range of person-centred services to children and adults, which includes education, residential houses, supported living and outreach services.

In Scotland the charity operates a number of social enterprises, which provide a much needed support network for the autism community by providing key life and work skills in real workplaces. In fact, if you’re in Edinburgh be sure to pop along to the Café On the Corner for some great home baking, and then take in some of the great artwork done by members of the autism community at the Gallery On the Corner. Or, if the great outdoors is more your thing, head along to the Hermitage Golf Course on the edge of the city.

The purpose of the abseil is to raise as much money as possible to help support the great work that Autism Initiatives does while having a great time taking part in the experience of a lifetime! If you’re interested in taking part then get in touch with Charlotte Taylor by emailing Charlotte.Taylor@aiscotland.org.uk. Or visit the website for more information.