Sax and violins: Music On The Rocks

0
Artwork: Lydia Cruz
Artwork: Lydia Cruz
Artwork: Lydia Cruz

Over the last two weeks, On The Rocks has provided local music fans with Jazz Quartets, Music Cafes and a cappella concerts, as well as The Big Band Opening Bash.

As the festival is about to crescendo into its final weekend, the noteworthy live music events keep on coming. Tonight at Aikman’s Fergus Halliday, Tara Cunningham and Caillin Campsie present ‘Carachd’. The night will be composed of “red-blooded, foot stomping, traditional Scottish music. A trio of young musicians from across Scotland playing music for the love of it. Funky rhythms and tunes to dance the night away to.”

On Friday the 12th of April ‘The On The Rocks Open Mic Night’ will take place in Venue 2. The Trad Soc event will be “an eclectic open mic night featuring a wide variety of genres and talents. Any and all kinds of music are welcome, so whether you play folk, rock, classical, soul, gospel, pop or techno you are invited to come along to perform or just to listen.”

Also taking place on Friday will be ‘The Late Night Music Cafe’ presented by Music is Love. The event will take place in the Old Union Diner and will be the final instalment of the Music Cafe series.

Music is Love and On the Rocks, in association with Your600th, say that the night will be “an alternative way to end the evening” and that you should “bring your own mug, fill it with something warm and wile away the evening to the soundtrack of live acoustic music.” So, there is still plenty for live music lovers to hear and enjoy over the next few days. However, if you are easily offended you should be careful. You may be exposing yourself to scenes of sax and violins.