Domino´s_Pizza_Korobki

Domino’s Pizza could soon be the latest name to join the St Andrews’ high street.

Rumours have been circulating for several weeks in the town that the world’s leading pizza delivery company will be opening a St Andrews branch.

A spokesperson from Domino’s con­firmed that they are looking into open­ing a branch in the town, although she stressed that it has not yet been confirmed. She said: “Our Property Department are looking at St Andrews as a possible loca­tion for a Domino’s store, along with a number of other towns in Scotland, but at this present moment in time nothing has been confirmed.”

The temporary Domino’s ‘Pizza on Tour’ van has parked up in St Andrews on a number of occasions and has proved very popular. However, students could soon be getting their pizza fix on a more permanent basis.

The news comes soon after the arrival of a few other big high street names. Sains­bury’s opened a store on Market Street during the summer, Paperchase opened just before Christmas and work has been going on at the new branch of Nando’s in recent months. They are expected to open their doors in the next few weeks.

Domino’s is the largest worldwide Pizza chain, with more than 10,000 corpo­rate and franchised stores in 70 countries, including almost 700 stores in the UK.