Xavier Project Society: Where Do We Belong?

0
Photo credit: Xavier Project St Andrews

On 14th March 2013 at 7:30 at the Golf Hotel, the Xavier Project Society St Andrews, will be hosting a talk by George Omondi Odour, the Director of Community Services for Refugees at the UNHCR Nairobi entitled ‘Where Do We Belong? The Fate of Urban Refugees in East Africa’ He will speak about the issues facing urban refugees in Kenya and Uganda.  Tickets will be sold on the door for £3, to reserve your place please email xavierproject.standrews@gmail.com.

In light of the controversial and highly contested ruling by the Kenyan Government to confine refugees and asylum seekers to camps removed from urban centres, (made December 23, 2012 and subjected to review by the High Court in late January) Mr Odour will speak about his personal experience as Director of Community Services for Refugees in Nairobi, the lives of Urban Refugees as well as current efforts to assist them.

Also attending and providing a brief introduction to the talk will be Edmund Page, the founder of the Xavier Project and the Bongo Ball.  The Xavier Project raises money in order to provide Congolese refugee children living in Kenya and Uganda with the means to receive an education.

The Xavier Project ask everyone to join with us to raise awareness about the struggles that refugees face everyday and help us in our work to rebuild their lives.