Under Canvas announce 2013 line-up

0

UC poster

Another weekend, another night of drunken merriment, and another Sunday of mournfully crying that we’re getting too old for this sort of thing and pledging to spend more time in the library (I rarely follow through on this pledge). From FS to May Ball, semester two seems to offer a wallet-lightening excuse to delay tutorial reading nearly every weekend. However, if the normal routine of Fashion Shows and Charity Balls are starting to feel a little stale to you but you’re not ready to surrender your Saturday nights to Sin City either, then there is a brand new event around the corner.

On the 20th April the Under Canvas team are bringing what they describe as “a night of festival inspired revelry” to St Mary’s Quad. They’re raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, the UK’s only national charity dealing with all aspects of one of the UK’s most common, life-threatening, inherited diseases. In exchange for raising money for this undoubtedly worthy charity, they’re offering a fantastic and diverse line-up including Stokes, William, Eliphino and Fort Romeau, not to mention the true St Andrews classic, Moodroom Collective.

The chance to buy tickets for the event will be announced soon, but until then you can get in the mood by heading down to Ma Bells tomorrow night for the launch event. Under Canvas have teamed up with St.Art to offer all guests a collaborative art project where you can colour your own blank canvas, to be used as part of the interactive display on the night. Get involved and make your mark on this exciting new event.