RAG Week: beyond Venue 1

0

RAG Week is well known for putting on events like Mr. St Andrews and Disney Bop, but there’s far more to it than first meets the eye.

A Chocolate Affair

In association with RAG Week 2013 (sponsored by KPMG), the Baking Society and the Fine Chocolate Society are proud to present “A Chocolate Affair”. Taking place on Wednesday 6 February in Venue 2 in the Union, come along from 3–5pm to enjoy lots of sweet treats, baked goods and even the delights of a chocolate fountain.

Tickets cost £3 and will be available for purchase on the door, with all proceeds going to RAG Week’s six student-nominated charities (Families First, Medicins Sans Frontiers, CHAS, Maggies Cancer Caring Centres, Macmillan Cancer Support and the RNLI).

With so many delicious treats on offer, “A Chocolate Affair” is just what you need to warm up on a cold February day. For more information, check out the Facebook page.

Purple Bake Sale

Another exciting joint venture between RAG Week 2013 and the Baking Society is the BakeSoc’s RAG Week Bake Sale, which will be taking place on Thursday 7 February outside the Mansfield Building, opposite the Union.

If you are still craving cakes after “A Chocolate Affair”, then why not pop by the Mansfield Building on your way home and pick up some more scrumptious baked goods to enjoy (and maybe even share with your flatmates)?

With all proceeds going to RAG Week’s six student-nominated charities, the RAG Week Bake Sale is yet another great excuse to show your support for RAG Week 2013. The link for this event can be found here.

Come Dine with RAG

In association with the Fine Food and Dining Society, RAG Week 2013 are excited to once again offer the opportunity to take part in “Come Dine with RAG”, starting on Friday 8 February.

Based on the popular Channel 4 show – ‘Come Dine with Me’ – Come Dine with RAG appeals to all those who believe that they possess the exceptional culinary skills to host a fabulous dinner party and win an exciting prize, generously provided by the Fine Food and Dining Society.

Sign-ups took place at the Fine Food Fayre, but there’s also a chance to sign up on Wednesday 6 February at 5pm in the Union Main Bar. With a suggestion of a £30 budget for dinner and a starting time of 8pm, a week of extravagant dining is promised from Friday 8 February to Tuesday 12 February.

And with prizes for the winner of each group being at the Fine Food and Dining Society Welcome party on Friday 15 February, it’s all to play for. Best of luck to everyone!

D.I.Y. RAG

Aside from all the wonderful events being put on during RAG Week 2013, there is the opportunity to be creative and show your support for RAG Week and their very deserving charities by creating and partaking in your own ventures.

Whether it be a bake sale, dying your hair purple or doing a pier jump or sponsored run of the Fife Coastal Path, D.I.Y RAG is a great way to raise money for RAG Week 2013 in your own time and with whatever takes your fancy.

If you are interested in getting involved with D.I.Y RAG, please contact Alison Adams at aa637@st-andrews.ac.uk.

KPMG Logo