Refreshers: Painting the town purple for RAG

0

RAG

For all those intrepid travellers about to make the treacherous journey back to the bubble, here’s a sneak preview of what’s lined up for you from the end of the first week back (1-9 February). As many of you know, this is the time of year when St Andrews turns itself purple in aid of RAG Week so here’s your guide on where to be next week!

Clan Warfare, 1 February – It’s big, it’s back and it’s better than ever! You might (or might not) remember this Union favourite from Fresher’s Week. Starting at 10.30pm, it’s the perfect way to begin RAG Week and rekindle those hall rivalries. Be sure to dress in your hall colours for what’s bound to be a good night! £4 on the door.

Sin City, 2 February – It just wouldn’t be a Saturday night without the good folks at Sin City returning to kick off the second semester fun. Tickets are £5 in advance, or £6 on the door, so get them now!

Music is Love presents: The Pictish Trail and Eagleowl, 3 February – Tickets are on sale now from the union website for this evening of music in Venue 1. Supported by a local act, Andrew Pearson and the Riflebirds, this is an evening not to be missed.

Ceilidh, 4 February – Let’s face it, those of us who haven’t spent the last month in Scotland have missed the classics such as kilts, ceilidh-ing, Tunnocks caramel wafers, Irn Bru, and yummy shortbread. In collaboration with the Class Gift 2013, all of these delights and more will be available, so don’t miss out! £5 on the door, starting at 8pm.

Mr St Andrews, 5 February – We like to imagine this as the Hunger Games meets Take Me Out.* This annual pageant to crown the crème de la crème of hall and society men is always a fiercely contested affair. Described as cheeky, raunchy and hilarious, we know we’ll definitely be there! Regular tickets are £8 and VIP tickets are £15. We’ve been told that VIP ticket holders will enjoy front row tables, wine, and goody bags filled with amazing giveaways.

Ultimate Sinners Sport, 6 February – So what makes this so Ultimate we hear you ask. Well, it’s a Wednesday, it’s the first Sinners of the year, need we say more?

St Andrews Got Talent, 7 February – Back by popular demand for the fifth year running, Venue 1 hosts the judges, acts and drama that you all love, along with a few surprise guest performances. Does St Andrews have talent? You decide; £7 for regular tickets, £10 for VIP tickets.

Disney Bop, 8 February – It’s Friday, it’s the Bop and it’s Disney themed. What more could you want? Fancy dress and balloon drop essential, tickets £4.

CATWALK, 9 February – It’s the first fashion show of the year and is definitely one for your calendar. Chosen to coincide with the 600th anniversary, the theme “kaleidoscope” celebrates its inventor, Sir David Brewster, a former principal. Tickets are £12 (regular) or £25 (VIP).  VIP ticket holders will enjoy front row tables, champagne, and goody bags full of fantastic gifts from The Body Shop, £10 Maisha vouchers, and more.

Keep calm and bubble on! xxx

*Thanks to Fiona Newman for the comparison.