The Student Association’s Your600th campaign to raise money for a new £30,000 bursary has already seen students form a human coat of arms in St Salvator’s Quad, and now The Saint is excited to be getting involved by doing what we do best: writing.

As well as contributing a piece of our own on The Saint‘s past and present, we’re looking for a variety of articles about student life in St Andrews, all of which will be featured in the final Your600th publication. Here are the topics:

• Student reflections – short prose or poetry reflecting on being at university in St Andrews, with particular reference to the town (200-300 words)
  • Student grub with an international flavour – four recipes (best student survival snack; best meal for four for under £5; best meal for entertaining for four for under £10; best cheat’s meal – as cheap as you can make it) (200-300 words each)
  • Student descriptions of key businesses in the town that contribute to the student experience (e.g. Janettas, Aikmans, Tesco) or have been set up by former students (eg. Butlers, Sophie Butler, Anyone for Tennis, Maisha) (200 words)
  • Most creative Raisin receipt – tell us what it is and the Your600th team will photograph it. Please note that the receipt must be legal!

If you’d like to write one of the above pieces, submissions should be sent to editor@thesaint-online.com. You can also see more information on the publication here.