Are you a current Masters student? If so, we have some exciting news!

CAPOD is delighted to announce the launch of a brand new development programme for taught postgraduates. M-Skills promises to help you across four areas: making the most of St Andrews; getting through your course; finding a job; and getting set for the workplace.

Provost, Prof. Malcolm MacLeod, encourages all Masters students to take full advantage: “Investing in the development of academic, employability and professional skills will help ensure our students maximise their potential both during and after their studies. I hope you take up this opportunity to enhance your St Andrew’s experience by making M-Skills work for you.”

M-Skills is open to all Masters students and is completely free. It consists of weekly Wednesday afternoon work-shops, combined with a range of online resources. We’ve got it covered! From how to reference your work, through to writing coherently. From self-coaching towards your dream career, through to leadership. From making your skills shine out in your CV, through to how to increase your productivity.

By focusing on your network-ing, academic, employability and professional skills, we hope to give you that all-important competitive advantage in today’s graduate market.

To take advantage of M-Skills you can do three things:

1. Visit the M-Skills webpage for the complete listing of what’s on
  2. Join the Facebook group
  3. Enrol on the online Moodle resource page: details of how to do this are on the website

Dani Berrow, President of the PG Society, welcomed the initiative: “The Postgraduate Committee is delighted to support the implementation of the M-Skills programme, which has not only been designed to help taught post-graduates make the most of their time at St Andrews, but also to look ahead to their future after graduation – often a daunting prospect! This comprehensive programme, divided into four useful parts, meets what we feel has been a pressing need to improve and enhance the taught postgraduate experience by offering exciting opportunities and additional resources to complement courses studied within the College of St Leonard.”

Visit the M-Skills webpage now to get started!