The Canoe Club has had an exceptional start to its competitions calendar, with superb results from polo and slalom competitions.

This year the club has an extra canoe polo team in the Scottish leagues, giving freshers a chance to try this fast-paced and exciting game.

The A team has had a very promising start and is currently top of the Division 2 table having lost just one of eight games played so far.

The first weekend of November saw players of all ability levels participate in some friendly matches against Edinburgh University.

With goals a-plenty and several fresher players making spectacular debuts, an unforgettable night of partying in the capital followed.

A team of eight also represented St Andrews at the SSS Indoor Slalom event in Dundee, which comprised of courses set to test speed, turning and rolling techniques.

Special mention goes to Amy Kinkaid, first in the Women’s competition, Jon Wyles and Tim Cain, second and third in the Fresher’s category, and Patrick Jenner and Jonny Hawkins, who beat twelve teams to win the duo event.

At the end of this month the club heads further afield to BUCS Wild Water Racing, with high hopes of continuing the success. achieved so far.

The writer is the Canoe Club Competitions Captain. The Canoe Club welcomes people of all abilities and interests. Visit canoe.saints-sport.com for more details.