Bottle of the Fortnight

0

To quote wine maker, Charles Smith, “THIS GIRL IS SERIOUS! Aromatic, smooth, vibrant and tasty. Think tangerine, apricot, wet stone, key lime, clove and nectarine….now stop thinking and start drinking…”

The sweet, peachy flavour of German Riesling is mixed with the alcohol and minerality of Alsace, creating, a blend of the two styles. It has a pleasing, slightly sweet, upfront appeal, though not too saccharine. Its mineral flavours lend it complexity, interest and depth that elevate it from your standard Riesling.

Aptly named Kung Fu Girl, this wine would be a suitable pairing to Chinese Food of the less spicy variety. Though equally, it would make a great aperitif on its own, especially enjoyed on a nice evening, perhaps watching polo. Just make sure, if you take it to a friend’s house for dinner that you don’t let anyone else drink it!

At £12.49, Kung Fu Girl is perhaps a touch pricey for the average student, however, American wines are not cheap in the UK. It is a great example of progressive American wine making; a re-think of traditional style, with class and reservation. Whilst this wont blow your socks off, it’s certainly an interesting wine for the connoisseurs amongst you and an easy drink for those who don’t.